Friday, June 3, 2011

success

How do you measure success?

I want to be successful. I have ambitions to become a doctor, to drive and Audi, to live in an expensive condo downtown, to wear expensive watches, to own a cottage with fast boats so my kids can water ski and go tubing....

Why though? Are all these things important? My main argument is that I want my offspring to have the upper hand for survival. The planet is becoming a crowded place with limited resources. When push comes to shove it is better be in a position of power rather than being subjugated to the will of others. I think money is a direct means to power. Large corporations lobby politicians with money. Powerful parents open doors for their children to become powerful people. Powerful people survive and thrive. Powerful people shape history.

I think it would be nice to be in a position of power... Would I be happier than I am right now? Pshh probably not. Would if be beneficial to my offspring in ensuring the survival of my genes? Definitely. That is why I am willing to put in work to obtain power.

No comments:

Post a Comment